TOURNAMENT DATES: August 26-27, 2023
DEADLINE TO REGISTER: August 15, 2023
TOURNAMENT HEADQUARTERS: A Tournament Headquarters tent will be located at Veteran’s Park.
TOURNAMENT WEBSITE: www.challengesoccer.com
HOTELS: This is a STAY-TO-PLAY event. All teams traveling in from more than 75 miles away must book hotel rooms through Events by Design. Click HERE to be directed there now.
The Aggieland Friendship Cup is a US Club Soccer sanctioned event. Sanctioning is for play during the tournament weekend only.
- 11v11 teams must have a minimum of 8 eligible players to start.
- Both teams must sit on the same sideline opposite parents and spectators.
- Home team must wear their dark jerseys to avoid color conflicts.
- Visitor team must wear their white/light opposing color of Home Team to avoid color conflicts
- Only rostered players, coaches and team managers are allowed on the sideline bench area.
1. Must wear shin guards and completely covered by socks.
2. East team must wear matching uniforms with clearly visible permanent numbers on the back of the jersey.
3. The goalkeeper jersey will be distinct from both teams and the referee.
4. No metal-rimmed glasses or jewelry of any kind is allowed
The Tournament Director will provide pre-printed game cards to the Referee Assignor. Coaches from both teams will be asked to verify and sign the cards at the end of each game. The Referee Assignor will be responsible for returning cards to the Tournament Director.
U10-U13: 2 x 30 minute halves (5 minute halftime)
U14-U19: 2 x 40 minute halves (5 minute halftime)
U14-U19 Size 5
U14-U19 11v11 Teams 26 Players
Unlimited guest players are permitted with the appropriate paperwork.
Games will be played in a friendly format; no advancement. All teams will be scheduled one (1) game on Saturday and one (1) game on Sunday.
The number of substitutions is unlimited with permission of the referee at the following stoppages of play:
- Prior to a throw-in in either teams favor
- Prior to a goal kick by either team
- After a goal by either team
- Injury (any number of players from both teams may be substituted whenever an injury has occurred).
- At halftime
In the event of inclement weather, the Tournament Director will determine if games are to be suspended. If games are suspended teams and spectators should go to the parking lot and stay in their cars. Do not leave the complex until a final decision is made. The Tournament Director reserves the right to adjust the game length and schedules due to weather or field conditions.
There will be no protests. All officiating decisions are final.
“ZERO TOLERANCE” POLICY FOR SIDELINE MISCONDUCT WILL BE ENFORCED. THIS INCLUDES INAPPROPRIATE LANGUAGE, RACIAL SLURS, OR VERBAL ABUSE TOWARD REFEREES, PLAYERS & GAME OFFICIALS BOTH ON AND OFF THE PLAYING FIELD. Coaches are responsible for the conduct of their team and supporters.
A player or coach receiving two yellow cards during a match is suspended from that match and shall be suspended from the next match.
A player or coach receiving a red card/ejection is suspended from the match and shall be suspended from the next match. Players or coaches receiving a red card/ejections must leave the match immediately and report to the Tournament Headquarters tent. Player may sit on the bench during their suspension however they shall not be in uniform. Coaches must not return to the tournament site during the match for which they are serving the one game suspension.
Teams are required to stay in an approved tournament hotel, but we have reserved blocks of rooms to give teams a competitive rate for hotel rooms.
The tournament will use one complex for the event – Veteran’s Park